Financing Operations, Securities Lending Associate (BB-927D2)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Job Level:Associate Description
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the Firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT solutions. Operations continually seek ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Analyst/Associate role within the Financing Operations team in Hong Kong. Financing Operations in Hong Kong is an 11 person group supporting both the Securities Lending and Secured Funding businesses. Financing Operations is a global team supporting the long and short financing activity of the firm, with offices in all core locations: Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, New York, Baltimore, Glasgow & India.
Support coverage is to be provided across the wider Hong Kong Financing Operations team as required. Primary focus will be on Stock Loan Trade Support. The role can include support responsibilities for the Secured Funding & Collateral business subject to business needs.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
Stock Loan Trade Support of APAC markets
- Internal/external client relationship management
- Risk management focusing on daily exposures, fails management, accurate books and records
- Break investigation and resolution
- Trade capture
- Adhoc project work
- Investigate opportunities for streamlining existing processes and deliver better controls for daily Financing Operations processes
Client Service Skills
- Functional and Product knowledge
- Organizational Ability
- Team player / Shares knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Can work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurised situation
- Flexibility, can deal easily with multiple issues and tasks
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to recognise risk issues and implications with appropriate escalations
- Approaches all situations with positive outlook, energy and enthusiasm. Is a self-starter who takes individual ownership for work quality and improvement
- Shows initiative and creativity, taking a long-term approach to improvement and resolution of issues
- Is self-confident, demonstrates integrity and business-appropriate behavior
calendar_today4 days ago
info Full Time
location_on Hong Kong
work Morgan Stanley