English Teacher (FT) (BB-BEB3B)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Description:Babington LCK is looking for an English Teacher.
Duties: Teach approx. 25 hours per week (give and take).Unlike every other centre, we cap our teachers teaching hours for the sake of quality, passion and having enough energy to ensure each class is awesome.
We don’t state that in the contract as it reduces the centre's ability to be flexible to accommodate for situations. However, all our centre managers do well to keep the teaching hours to 25 or under during regular term time. During the summer programme (our peak season between mid-July to the end of August), you should expect to teach 28 hours (give and take). Most teachers find that if taken an average over a period like 3 months, their hours are within the informal cap.
- Student journaling.
- Report writing.
- Meeting with your centre manager to account for every single one of your students.
- Updating parents periodically.
- Attend meetings.
- Planning for special events.
- Participate in continuous professional development.
- Teaching qualification of at least 100 hours TEFL / TESOL.
- NB: Immigration Department of Hong Kong will not approve your visa application if you do not have this as a minimum.
- Excellent spoken, written and grammar skills.
- Confidence – able to present oneself to parents confidently.
- Presentable – you look like a professional teacher.
- Experience (though we may consider candidates with less experience).
- Able to work with a range of children’s ages, from the ages of 3 to 12.
- Team player – you can work with colleagues smoothly.
- Positive CAN DO! attitude.
- Problem solver – NOT PROBLEM PRESENTER.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- An accountable, responsible person who accounts for their work.
- Loves children! Finds them cute, finds them funny and enjoys interacting with them.
- Full Visa Sponsorship.
- Full training.
- Continual Professional Development.
- Appraisals and professional development.
- Orientation programme.
- Competitive incremental salary.
- 14 days paid annual leave.
- 16 – 18 paid public holidays.
- Social network connection.
About Babington LCK:
Babington is a learning centre that teaches English to children from K1-P6 (3-12 years of age). Babington is accredited with Oxford University Press and is Oxford's largest provider of their RWI by Oxford programme in Hong Kong. All teachers are native English speakers, trained, certified and accredited by Oxford University Press in their RWI by Oxford phonics programme.
calendar_today2 days ago
location_on Hong Kong
work Babington LCK