Performance %26 Business Efficiency Manager (Contract) (BB-0739F)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk HK
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The purpose of this role is to drive strategic data modelling across Financial Market Operations, including but not limited to senior management forums, audit, financial planning and budgeting, and resource planning. Data sources are varied and include trade, financial, headcount, and risk systems.
The Role Responsibilities
Providing comprehensive analysis across all products, functions, businesses and locations that FMO supports. Provide insights to varied stakeholders across FM Operations Group Business Management Team, the FMO LT and the Global Head of FMO.
Deliver FMO Cost Split by desk, asset class, product, function, region and country:
- Work with FMO product, functional and regional heads to split FMO budget by desk, asset class, product, function, region and country
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders to ensure charges are appropriately allocated across products and functions
- Ensure model is repeatable and sustainable, and refreshed regularly.
- Preparation of regular outputs, ideally via Tableau, to ensure cost data is transparent and available
- Preparation of detailed analysis by desk, product and asset class to present to senior FM business stakeholders
Co-ordination and Delivery of Cost Per Trade Initiative:
- Design and build FMO Cost models for all products and asset classes.
- Build appropriate data visualizations in appropriate BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ensure cost models are utilised by relevant teams across FMO
- Use cost models to conduct client profitability analysis across all FM clients across all products, asset classes and countries.
- Use outputs of cost models to drive FMO strategic decision making and investment budgets
Co-ordination and Delivery of Strategic Capacity Modelling initiatives:
- Representing FMO in global initiatives and point-of-contact for process mapping, volume data, headcount data, and capacity models
- Liaising with other Business Management Teams to leverage best practices and consistent approach to delivery
Provide high-quality, timely and relevant Management Information (MI):
- Establish and deliver a strategic programme to enhance the MI capability for FMO.
- Establish a process for governing transactional cost data to support business pricing initiatives
- Support ad-hoc requests for data as it relates to capacity models, volume metrics, cost data
- Act as a bridge between Country data owners and Business users
- Source new data from global data warehouses / data lakes (EDMP) and automate feeds to support Business requirements
- Create transparency around the importance of cost per trade MIS to all stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
- Understanding of Financial Markets process and key associated market risks
- Proven track record to quickly get up to speed on new areas, concepts and products
Transactional Data Management and Modelling
- Experience in synthetizing larger and complex data sets and establishing data models that are fit for purpose
- Understanding of transactional data models within a financial institution and how to leverage transactional data into useful metrics (volume metrics, cost per trade, productivity, etc)
Business Strategy and Model:
- Awareness and understanding of the firm%26rsquo;s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Track record in providing supporting material for strategy, cost overview and MI in general
- Experience in developing, managing and refining strategy papers
Risk Management and Control:
- The ability to identify, assess, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
Financial Analysis and Control:
- The ability to interpret the firm%26rsquo;s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Governance, Oversight and Controls:
- the ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm%26rsquo;s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Ability to inspire, lead and engage with people at all levels to deliver and drive change
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a senior business management role or a similar function, working closely with senior management
- High-level understanding of the FM business and F2B processes
- Project management skills
- Influencing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical ability
- Exposure to VBA, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI
- Exposure to Data Modelling and Data Lakes
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural organisation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Standard Chartered