Chief Risk Office – Senior Credit Officer - Vice President (BB-7FFFE)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk HK
Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS.
The Senior Credit Officer will be working with a team of credit officers reporting to the Risk Management, Wealth Management North Asia covering WM clients based in North Asia. The team reports regionally to the Head or Risk Management, Wealth Management Asia and forms an important hub to support the global growth strategy of WM business in Deutsche Bank.
This is a second Line of Defence function to partner with the business stakeholders to grow and manage a healthy and balanced credit portfolio on a sustainable and remunerative manner. He or she will require to make credit decision and to monitor the credit portfolio on a daily basis together with the team.
The role is expected to be a risk manager who should possess not only analytic skills in assessment on financial risk aspect but also knowledges and sensitivity to other non-financial risks eg operational and regulatory.
What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, wellbeing incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your key responsibilities:
- Analysis of risk across the spectrum of private banking products (cash, derivatives) and securities – fixed income, equities, (hedge) funds, etc) from transactional approval to counterparty portfolio assessment
- Work closely with the front office's Lending team and Relationship Managers, and support the growth of WM's lending book by managing the risk on a portfolio of private banking counterparties in North Asia.
- Portfolio coverage shall be focusing on large and complex structure as well as club deals crossed with Corporate & Investment Banking Division or syndicated banks.
- Transparent communication of decision making incl. risk analysis, approval condition
- Analyze global, regional and local market events and their impact on the portfolio of counter parties managed
- Liaise with clients, interface directly with front office staff across the WM business division on credit approvals, credit requirements and relationship matters
- Follow up on trade execution. Ensure trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in confirmations / underlying documentation is properly completed
- Daily monitoring of credit portfolio status to ensure that appropriate portfolio quality and any risk concentrations and risk limits do not exceed defined risk appetites and are compliant with risk policies and regulations.
- Ensuring global risk reporting systems contain timely and accurate information
- Support the team in system implementation and in provision of credit data for internal/external audit review
- Support any adhoc projects assigned on a regional or global level.
Your skills and experience:
- 8 - 10 years relevant experience in credit analysis in major International Financial Institutions
- Solid experience in covering Wealth Management structured credit transactions, preferably with knowledge in financial analysis for corporates and dealing with corporate finance transactions
- Good grasp of risk dynamics of financial products and derivatives (Forex, Swaps, Options, and Strategies) in respect of key Private Banking activities
- Regional counterparty experience preferred
- Familiar with regional/international financial markets and legal & regulatory issues relating to cross border lending transactions
- Familiar with legal documentation and risk issues, including ISDAs, netting, and credit mitigating features
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal skills) with an ability to write concise reports
- Have an open mindset and respects challenging views from different stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and an independent decision-maker with ability to support or defend conclusions.
- Team oriented, flexible, diligent, self-motivated and willing to set example to junior teammates
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of cultures / personal styles and to establish strong partnership with front office staff
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines as well as working with front-office staff in amicable manner
How we'll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
About us and our teams:
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Deutsche Bank