Regional Director, L+D Delivery Greater China (BB-EC6BF)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
This role is responsible for the oversight of all Learning + Development (L+D) Delivery responsibilities in the Greater China Asia Pacific Region. A key component of this role includes being a Learning Business Partner for key stakeholders within the Region including but not limited to the Greater China President and Vice President of Human Resources. This position is expected to provide strategic input on all global and regional learning programs and initiatives that impact Greater China, and accountable for leading a team of L+D professionals to deliver engaging learning experiences.
As an ambassador for Marriott International, this position will be responsible for building trusted and engaging relationships at all levels, while always acting in accordance with Marriott International’s Guidelines for Leaders and our company culture and values.
• Define and execute an annual training strategy in consideration of Global, regional and market needs
• Meet regularly with the VP Human Resources Greater China to share progress and results, gather input on market challenges/trends, and strategically plan L+D initiatives
• Partner with ADHR members to support area specific training programs and initiatives as these arise
• Engage regional stakeholders – e.g. Area Vice Presidents/Area Directors of HR – on a regular basis to share updates and gather feedback
• Manage the performance of the Greater China Delivery team and identify development opportunities that provide them with stretch goals and new challenges to ensure career growth
• Build and maintain a strong network of property-based L+D professional trainers to support delivery of programs within Greater China. Champion their development, ensure their certification is approved only when the standards are consistently met
• Ensure delivery of all programs are in accordance with standards. Continuously look at ways to improve the Delivery processes (e.g. certification process of new programs and scheduling)
• Develop proactive partnerships with On-Property HR and Training Leaders, providing information and support as required for their learning and development strategies. Work closely with them to ensure all on property training programs are being delivered effectively and support business needs
• Effectively leverage cluster resources to drive learning and development initiatives through communications and best practice sharing
• Identify training needs on a regular basis and collaborate with L+D Performance Advisory, Design, Development and Deployment (PADDD) to determine appropriate learning interventions
• Utilize reports and analytics to fine tune and implement a delivery strategy that best meets the region’s needs while optimizing our resources
• Serve as champion of Marriott culture instilling the core values and principles of Marriott, demonstrated in all behaviors and conversations
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
• Minimum 3 years in a senior training management role is essential
• Proven experience in leading a team; working effectively with a remote team will be highly advantageous
• An operations background will be an added advantage
• Minimum 4 years Leadership experience (highly preferred Executive Committee level or equivalent)
Skills and Knowledge
• Adult Learning – is knowledgeable and has hands-on experience in understanding and facilitating adult learning
• Facilitation and Training – has mastered skills in facilitation, training and presentation including delivery of vILT
• Human Resources – thinks strategically and demonstrates connectivity with training strategy and overall human resources goals
• Business Acumen – demonstrates a solid understanding of the business based on own experience
• Self-Motivated and ability to take initiative action without relying on directions from others all the time, whilst keeping direct manager informed
• Ability to network and build relationships
• Effective conflict management skills, respecting a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
• Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures to accomplish goals
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Ability to use standard software applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and use of audiovisual equipment
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations is a benefit but not essential
Education or Certification
· University degree in Hotel or Business Management preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent minimum requirement in conjunction with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
PERFORMANCE CONTRIBUTIONS, COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
• Builds strong working relationships across departments.
• Models and coach’s others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
• Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
• Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals
• Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
• Creates a service-oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer relationships.
• Monitors customer feedback and service metrics to improve service delivery.
• Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer situations occur.
• Creates and coach’s others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
• Models and holds others accountable for promoting the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
• Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
• Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
• Promotes the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
• Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
• Sponsors programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
• Maintains an awareness of changing customer and associate expectations.
GENERATING TALENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY
• Continuously improves department, team, and job structures.
• Puts systems and work processes in place to manage department performance.
• Brings together the appropriate mix of team and associate knowledge and skills to do the job and drive innovation.
• Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
• Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
• Models and coaches’ others on building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
• Sets department expectations for desired behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
• Coaches others by providing constructive feedback.
• Helps others identify developmental needs and monitor progress.
• Builds relationships to attract talent and actively recruits candidates with skills in high demand.
• Models and holds others accountable for using recruiting and hiring tools to select top talent.
• Creates on-boarding plans and helps new hires become comfortable in their new role.
• Models and coaches’ others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
• Communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
• Holds others accountable for identifying ways to implement desired changes.
• Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
• Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change.
• Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
Communication & Professional Demeanor
• Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in a clear and concise way.
• Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus or take action.
• Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
• Displays a leadership style that conveys confidence and encourages respect from others.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems related to daily operations.
• Collects and compares information from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
• Involves area/market and property leaders to gain agreement and support before making high-impact decisions.
• Makes complex decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
LEARNING & APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
• Models and holds others accountable for evaluating own strengths and developmental needs.
• Models and holds others accountable for participating in stretch assignments and other professional development activities.
• Stays current on industry and discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant best practices.
• Establishes training requirements for the department and holds direct reports accountable for meeting training goals.
• Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Sets the department performance standards for key business metrics.
• Models and coaches’ others on making business decisions based on data from a variety of sources.
• Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets, and conducts forecasting for the department.
• Demonstrates sound business judgment when addressing resource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing guest, associate, and financial results.
• Implements innovative programs to maximize the revenue potential of different customer groups.
• Models and stays current in area of expertise.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations across departments.
• Builds partnerships across departments to solve complex issues and improve performance.
• Analyzes unique technical issues, systems, or problems that have broad impact.
• Establishes technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
Building & Contributing to Teams
• Coordinates with other departments and helps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
• Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and individuals contribute to property success.
• Considers associates’ strengths and team dynamics when assigning work.
• Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing team-building strategies and encouraging cooperation.
• Involves team members in making decisions that impact them.
• Recognizes achievements that support department success.
Driving for Results
• Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
• Works with direct reports to establish shared and individual goals.
• Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
• Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and budget requirements.
• Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the highest value for the property.
Planning & Organizing
• Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the work is important and by breaking down projects into manageable tasks.
• Analyzes department, team, and individual workload to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
• Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and other resources departments and teams need to accomplish their work.
• Establishes and coach’s others on processes for monitoring work quality and project milestones.
calendar_today1 day ago