Compliance Director (BB-89FA6)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Our client is A Leading International Insurance Firm
Position Objectives & Summary:
- The incumbent is responsible for making certain that all Company’s Compliance guidelines are fully embedded within the Company’s Hong Kong Businesses. In addition, all local, regulatory and compliance requirements are also adhered to by the business.
- Support the business to ensure that effective development, monitoring and enforcement of compliance procedures and policies are in place.
- Ensure a compliance focused culture that allows the business to maintain high standards of ethical conduct as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulation.
- Assist the Head of Legal & Compliance to supervise compliance associates to ensure that compliance bench strength is developed and retained within the organization.
Position Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Ensure effective integration of the ethics and compliance program within all aspects of the business. Maintain a current and robust Compliance plan that incorporates all facets of compliance requirements across all business functions such as: policies and procedures, controls, training, communications, sales practices of insurance intermediaries/telemarketing representatives, customer data and privacy, anti-money laundering, record management etc. Provide guidance and advice on all new internal compliance initiatives as well as all insurance and securities laws and regulation updates.
- Work with the country, regional and international teams to establish a corporate culture based on integrity and customer trust. More specifically, this includes working with the Management Team and Function Units to ensure compliance is built into the business processes (using the three lines of defense governance model), such as:
- That proper compliance training takes place in relevant areas of the company, with a special focus on the distribution arm and insurance intermediaries;
- That sales material is in compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies;
- That sales meet local regulatory requirements for suitability and are properly documented;
- That the compliance plan is fully implemented and all compliance manuals are in place;
- That customer complaints are properly handled and are reviewed to identify significant compliance issues and that such issues are properly addressed/corrected;
- That appropriate processes and controls are in place to monitor compliance with laws, regulations and company policies (including Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions Screening and FATCA);
- That changes in laws or regulations are appropriately reflected in changes to policies and procedures and properly communicated to personnel;
- That appropriate discipline takes place and is properly documented for infractions of laws, regulations and company policies;
- Maintain and update compliance risk management programs, including identifying significant compliance risks, evaluating the management of those risks and developing action plans to enhance controls where appropriate.
- Develop and implement compliance related metrics and management reporting.
- Work with Department Head and team members and Regional Compliance to identify and adopt compliance best practices, ensure that Company’s standards are met in all areas and report significant compliance issues.
- Manage and coach compliance associates to achieve country, regional and international compliance objectives.
- Identify and advise compliance issues for merger & acquisitions projects.
- Other ad hoc projects.
- University degree and have at least 8 years relevant working experience in compliance, auditing, legal or risk management. Preferably a holder of professional qualification such as solicitor, accountant, auditor etc.
- Thorough knowledge in life insurance operations. In-depth Knowledge of and experienced in implementing compliance programs (AML, FATCA, CRS Privacy etc.), internal controls and regulatory and operational, risk management.
- Experience on dealing with regulators including IA, HKMA, SFC.
- Familiar with codes and regulations of IA, SFC and industrial associations.
- Possess strong business and insurance operations knowledge, analytical skills and independent problem-solving ability.
- A team player with strong written and communication skills in English and Cantonese.
- Good interpersonal skills – Ability to effectively manage country, regional and International level relationships.
- Ability to influence others beyond direct control.
- Mature, innovative and creative.
- Proficient computer skills in MS applications including Words, Powerpoint, Excel, and Chinese input.
Interested parties, please send your CV in MS Word format with an indication on present and expected salary to Mr. Lee via email at email@example.com , thanks!
calendar_today4 days ago