UPS Global Logistics & Distribution Supervisor (BB-0FF83)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
The candidate supervises many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a warehouse operation, ensuring inventory accuracy, adherence to quality standards and effective staff management for Post Sales and/or Distribution accounts. He/She ensures performance goals are met and supervises inbound flow, inventory control, and outbound flow questions, tracks customer activity, compiles statistics and completed compliance audits. He/She manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area. This position supervises hourly employees.
Contributes to Customer Satisfaction
• Manages workload by delegating, prioritizing, and researching to ensure customer deadlines and contract requirements are completed.
• Tracks customer activity to provide information for the resolution of customer concerns and inquiries.
• Leverages knowledge of customers' business to identify new business development opportunities for UPS.
• Identify and explore suitable vendor to support CL operation, including warehouse, outsource labour & truck
• Establish vendor partnership and ensure services capability to match UPS expectation.
• Vendor Cost, Services and Performance Management
• Reviews existing operational processes to identify inefficiencies and cost reduction opportunities.
• Completes corrective action plans to address deficient areas in both operation and technology
• Acts as primary contact for resolution of system issue to monitor system performance and ensure proper system maintenance
Performs Inventory Control
• Conducts training on inventory cycle counting and inventory reconciliation to ensure employees use a consistent and accurate approach to inventory control.
• Performs periodic physical inventory audits to validate inventory status.
• Researches inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and develop process improvements
- Degree or above, preferably major in Logistics or related disciplines
- Minimum 5-year work experience in Logistics, Freight Forwarding or Express industry
- Demonstrates familiarity with core service offerings and interests in operation technology
- Identifies the impact of a problem; recommends improvements to existing processes or programs
- Demonstrates project management skills; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates to related parties
- Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Hands-on computer knowledge in MS office
calendar_today6 hours ago
info Full time