Lead Videographer (BB-A032D)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk HK
Purpose of the Position:
Set the visual standards for SCMP Video by providing best-in-class visual production techniques and disseminating them through the team.
- Contribute expertise in video field production
- Pitch news and feature stories including long-form SCMP Film brand productions.
- Be heavily involved in the narrative component of video stories.
- Travel to cover news events and feature stories.
- Edit/publish original video content.
Equipment and Training
- Advise Head of Video on equipment acquisition.
- Lead the video acquisition strategy.
- Manage field video equipment.
- Disseminate best-practice filming techniques to the rest of the video team.
- Mentor video producers to improve their filmmaking techniques.
- At least 5 years experience in video camerawork.
- Passionate about digital video filmmaking.
- Excellent field craft skills, as well as the ability to be creative and experimental.
- Extensive field experience. Temperment to cope with stressful, sometimes hostile environments.
- Up to date with the latest filming equipment and techniques.
- Ability to use lighting creatively in controlled environments.
- Collaborative and effective in team-oriented environment.
- Good news judgement. Familiarity with the Asian news environment is an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking skills, while remaining committed to deadlines under pressure.
- Fluent in English. Cantonese or Mandarin advantageous but not essential.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago
work South China Morning Post