Business Solutions Director (BB-7D872)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
We are seeking a business solutions leader to join the Client Group Technology team in either our Hong Kong or Singapore office.
The Business Solutions Director is responsible for understanding the ongoing technology needs of the local Client Group team and providing the necessary leadership to deliver business transforming technology solutions as part of the global Client Group Technology team. The candidate will be expected to partner closely with business sponsors and stakeholders on a combination of handling day to day issues, strategic planning, and implementation of solutions. The candidate will collaborate with sales, marketing, client servicing, business development, and business transformation teams across the region and represent them as it relates to technology innovation, process improvement, and ongoing development. The candidate will participate in strategy definition and execution for the region, in partnership with business and technology leaders globally.
The candidate will also be responsible for documenting business requirements, technical specs, testing plans for new and existing tools, completing required data analysis to support business needs, and liaising with technical project team(s) to deliver on priorities and generate results. Success will be measured by the candidate’s ability to enhance the Client Group’s ability to connect with current and prospective clients, purposefully offer distinctive products and services, and develop tools to support the business.
The applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
The role will require a deep understanding of both business functions and technology platforms. The candidate will need to understand how the business uses available distribution and general technologies including Salesforce.com, Adobe, internally designed web and mobile applications, MicroStrategy, and Pardot, among others, such that we are able to identify and implement innovative next-gen solutions to support the department’s strategic goal of reshaping marketplace engagement.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with APJ Client Group team to understand business needs and ensure key milestones are met
- Lead relationship management for region on behalf of technology team, participate in strategic planning discussions, and create roadmap for successful implementation
- Lead successful implementations of technology solutions in the region and support their successful implementation through training and other required support
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders to understand processes, dataflows, and infrastructure that impact Client Group up and down stream, internally and externally
- Collaborate with technology partners on regional technology platforms and manage vendor relationships on behalf of the APJ Client Group
- Lead monthly governance meetings with business stakeholders
- Identify areas of opportunity to innovate, streamline, or be more efficient as an organization
- Standard business analysis responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Gather and define business and technology requirements for new and existing technology tools
- Perform and summarize data analysis to support business requirements
- Measure project progress, leveraging JIRA and Confluence
- Report and escalate risks and issues as appropriate
- Write and execute test cases for new tools and reports; manage UAT where appropriate
- Communicate project scope, goals, status, etc. to stakeholders
- Provide training and ongoing local support to business users as required
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- Language requirements: communicate in Mandarin (Cantonese is a plus) and a read/write Simplified Chinese
- 5 - 7 years of professional business data analysis experience, working with data, report generation, process improvement, or similar in Asset Management
- Ability to collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams and forge strong relationships with business partners and internal clients
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding.
- Client focused with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through as well as highly capable of working independently
- Highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
- Experience with data analytics related tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, etc.) or Sales Enablement tools (Salesforce, Seismic, etc)
- Basic SQL knowledge
We are a leading global investment management firm offering high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the globe. With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations operating in 25 countries, our ambition is simple: to be the most trusted investment firm in the world. We realize that it's our people who give us a competitive advantage and drive success in the market, and our goal is to create an inclusive culture that rewards hard work.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration creates an environment where you can thrive and do your best work. Whether you're producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to our clients, we want to support you in making your impact. If you're ready to challenge your limits and empower your career, join us!
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
calendar_today20 hours ago