Global Macro Research, China Economist, Associate/ Vice President - Hong Kong (BB-555FC)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium HK
Description:MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you passionate about research and economics? We're looking for an Asia Economist to join the Macro Research team within GIR. The position will focus on the intersection between the macroeconomy, economic policy, and financial markets in China.
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Working as a key member of the team, the goal of the China Economist is to:
- Conceive, implement (with analyst support), and publish research on relevant economic and financial market issues within China
- Communicate views on the regional and country economies and markets to clients and others within the firm
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Asia and global economics teams on broader thematic analysis and research
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in economics (Masters or PhD preferred) or Bachelor's deg ree with strong quantitative background - with major or significant coursework in economics
- Strong knowledge of China macro and financial data, understanding of Chinese institutional and policy setting, prior years of work experience related to China economic research
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with economists across the Asia region as an integrated team member
- Ability to work both independently and to coordinate/interact effectively in team settings
- Excellent command of English and fluency in Mandarin is a must
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Very high energy level; a self-starter. Enthusiastic about the challenges of understanding the Chinese economy, macro policy, and markets
- Able to adapt to changing market conditions by adjusting research focus appropriately and rapidly incorporating new information
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
calendar_today1 day ago
work https://neuvoo.com/img/logos/talent-nexus-efinancialcareers-hk.png?empname=Goldman Sachs