Medical Affairs Manager (6 Month Contract) (BB-60A56)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Job Description :
We have long been providing differentiated, high-quality, and needed healthcare products to patients and consumers in Hong Kong and Macau. With our professional expertise and scientific know-how in innovative and established medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare portfolios, we are committed to helping people do more, feel better, and live longer.
Today, we employ around 250 people in Hong Kong and Macau, and we strive to support the needs of patients and consumers, ensuring access to our pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Through collaboration with our partners, we have been supporting disease education programmes to improve health awareness and knowledge in Hong Kong and Macau.
Building trust with patients, consumers and our people locally is essential to delivering on our purpose in Hong Kong and Macau. For instance, we are recognised by the Hong Kong Council of Social Services as a "Caring Company" and in HR Asia's 2020 list of "Best Companies to Work for in Asia" (Hong Kong edition).Key Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of medical affairs excellence within the regional CDMA organization in order to deliver business results and support deployment of Safety/Compliance framework across GSK Consumer Healthcare.
This position will support the Regional Medical Affairs Lead in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CDMA Community, plus ensuring that collaboration with the various business functions that rely on the CDMA functions to drive and implement product strategies including Global RD Category Leads, Regional Commercial Leads, Regional Commercial Operations Directors and GM's, Safety, Legal, Corporate Compliance functions is performing optimally.
This role is a single contribution role as part of specific local clusters, based in a strategic locations and will have accountability for- and oversight of the following activities with the added complexity of multiple Regions and stakeholders, cultures, different LOCs, Category Medical Affairs teams with complex governance and business expectations:
- With oversight from Regional / Area MA lead or Regional/ Country Medical Affairs Principal Scientist lead provide medical input to REGION regulatory applications, new product development and associated clinical activities
- Provide medical and technical training of REGION affiliates about GSK products and competitors
- Act as GSK medical voice in all interactions with consumers, physicians, medical societies, institutions and government bodies. Includes not limited to:
- To medically support customer enquiry systems which respond to enquiries and complaints
- Medical input to answer consumers relations questions and complaints as required
- Ensure those GSK activities they have responsibility for are conducted in accordance with applicable law and Company policies
- With oversight from Regional MA lead or Regional/ Country Medical Affairs Lead responsible for medical activities including but not restricted to:
- Promoting the safe use of all GSK products in REGION/country by ensuring all Pharmacovigilance systems are in place in LOCs in compliance with relevant laws and internal policies, maybe required to fulfil tasks of Consumer Health Safety Point of Contact
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance team in order to ensure that GSK activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and Company policies
- Development and medical approval of accurate, technically supported and business-oriented claims
- Support to market information on data collection and analysis of GSK products and competitors
- Review and evaluate promotional materials
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Biomedical Science or other related discipline
- 1+ year Medical Affairs industry experience operating in a commercial environment, preferably in the Pharma, OTC and/or Nutritional space
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills. Proactive, with ability to anticipate and plan, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions and respond to tight timelines.
- Ability to manage and influence discussions with others
- Ability and eagerness to challenge status quo; make quick decisions; and lead/operate successfully in an empowered organization.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiations skills. Ability to facilitate alignment and collaboration across groups/regions.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goalis to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
calendar_today4 days ago
info Full time
work GlaxoSmithKline Pte Ltd