Unicorn Strategy Manager, based in Singapore (AB 550) (BB-DD171)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Unicorn Strategy Manager, based in Singapore (AB 550)
They are a unicorn now and need you to chart their path to decacorn!
Our client is an ultra-high growth media company with broadcasting reach of over one billion homes in over 100 countries. Nearly a decade old, they have attracted some of the world’s most famous VC investors. Their management has a top-tier background with US Top 5 MBAs and work experience in both blue chip and startup companies.
This is a unique chance to work in a very exciting industry and help build an Asia-based player with global ambitions.
What’s on offer:
- Opportunity to help a unicorn grow into a decacorn!
- Exposure to top- management, many among are ex-Consultants.
- Reporting to a former top-tier strategy consultant so the transition from Consulting will be smooth.
- Global scope.
- Exciting topics (e.g., streaming, merchandising, e-sports).
Our client is looking for a pre-MBA candidate to work on growth initiatives (fresh MBAs will also be considered). Geographical coverage is Asia Pacific but all your work will be done with a global perspective as our client is also targeting overseas markets (e.g., for streaming of live events that happen in Asia). You will focus on Strategy and Growth. You will do research and build business plans and financial models. You will also work on exciting new projects like expanding the merchandising arm of one of the business units. You will monitor the market for new trends and think of ideas for the company to benefit from these.
This is a hands-on role. You will work in a small, very international team and have frequent interaction with the top-management of the firm.
This is your perfect launch pad into the media industry.
- Experience with a top tier management consulting firm is a MUST (no Big 4 or IT-consulting candidates please)
- 2-3 years total work experience, at least half of which in Asia. Ideally pre-MBA (this is perfect for strengthening your MBA application) but fresh MBAs will also be considered if they are not sponsored
- TMT or consumer experience will be a strong plus. Sports/ media experience is a not a must but passion for media is a must
- Startup/ high-growth experience a plus
- Experience with Strategy/ Growth and ideally some Corporate Finance/ private equity projects (e.g., commercial due diligence) is preferred
- Strong educational background from a top-tier institution is a must
- Fluent English is a MUST due to the regional nature of the role, any Asian languages will be a plus, especially Mandarin or South East Asian languages
- You MUST include a brief, customized cover letter in your application.
- Overseas candidates with strong strategy/ corporate development/ M&A experience in the sports media industry will be considered if they meet all criteria and have a strong credible reason to move to Singapore in a timely manner (local package and basic relocation benefits will be offered but no expat package!). Please elaborate on your reasons for this move in the cover letter.
How to apply:
Please send your detailed resume (= two or three pages, one page has normally not enough details) in MS-Word format to cv [at] helexasia.com, stating how you heard about this vacancy. In the subject, please quote ‘Unicorn Strategy Manager, based in Singapore (AB 550)’.
Confidentiality is guaranteed; your CV will never be sent to a client without your prior explicit consent.
Helex Asia is Asia's first and only executive search firm dedicated exclusively to find top-tier Management Consulting Talent.
calendar_today5 days ago