Director (2792) (BB-07B6B)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Amnesty International (AI) is a worldwide movement of more than 10 million members in over 155 counties and offices in over 70 countries campaigning for internationally recognized human rights for all (www.amnesty.org). Amnesty International Hong Kong Section (AIHK) was founded in 1982 and works not only on local human rights issues but is also actively involved in global campaigns, particularly with other sections in the Asia-Pacific region (www.amnesty.org.hk). In addition, we are dedicated to human rights education in Hong Kong to promote the general public’s understanding of and respect for human rights.
AIHK is looking for an articulate and experienced Director to provide leadership to this dynamic section.
Reporting to: Executive Committee of AIHK
The Director has overall responsibilities to manage AIHK and to:
• Develop and lead the strategic direction, operational objectives and financial plan aligned with AIHK’s local human rights context, Amnesty International’s global priorities and planning/monitoring/evaluation cycle, in consultation with the Executive Committee of AIHK and the International Secretariat;
• Implement a multi-year growth strategy for AIHK to deliver agreed fundraising targets, including through individual donor recruitment, retention and development strategies, and potential major funders, in order to achieve financial independence and sustainable growth of AIHK’s programme. Monitor and analyze fundraising activities against agreed targets and take appropriate actions to build on success and manage risk;
• Provide written, verbal and financial reports to the Executive Committee on the progress of the implementation of the operational plans and ensure that the Executive Committee remains fully informed about AIHK’s affairs;
• Recruit, develop and manage the performance of staff, in compliance with local employment law, to ensure that plans are delivered on time and according to Amnesty International’s quality standards. Develop succession plans for key positions to ensure smooth long-term operation;
• Oversee financial systems and practices, ensuring financial management, budget preparation, monitoring and monthly reporting are all performed effectively to inform good quality financial analysis and decisions.
• Deliver an effective membership development plan to achieve sustainable growth in members;
• Develop and execute a proactive media, digital media and public policy agenda, and represent AIHK as its senior spokesperson;
• Maintain a strategic overview of human rights, social, political and economic developments in the country, including civil society developments, to identify strategic opportunities and risks, and;
• Liaise and maintain continuous and constructive collaboration with the AI International Secretariat and other entities including the regional offices and sections.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to human rights issues and strategies, particularly in the context of the Asia-Pacific region;
• At least 15 years of relevant experience including 5 years of senior management experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in human rights or policy advocacy;
• Demonstrated experience in formulating strategies and policies;
• Demonstrated experience or knowledge in leading and supervising progressive fundraising growth strategies and programmes for independent non-profits that do not rely on government or corporate subsidies.
• Knowledge of advocacy, campaigning and finance, and ability to motivate staff and guide member / volunteer development;
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking;
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written. Good command of both written Chinese and spoken Cantonese will be an advantage;
• Demonstrated ability of public speaking skills to address both local and international media in Hong Kong and other human rights stakeholders in Hong Kong;
• A good understanding of the civil society issues and environment in Hong Kong and the Asia-Pacific region;
• Resourceful and with a creative and flexible personality; and
• International exposure and willingness to travel overseas.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills.
calendar_today4 days ago
work AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL