Research Analyst – China Financial Markets (BB-BFD00)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk HK
Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to join the company’s China Practice. The Analyst will work remotely for now but will ultimately be based in either our New York or Hong Kong offices.
Rhodium is looking for a talented Research Analyst to join our world-class team of economists and specialized researchers on China’s economy and global footprint. With a focus on China’s financial markets and their global impact, you will support the team’s efforts producing cutting-edge research on China, contributing to data collection and analysis, policy monitoring, and the writing of reports and other key deliverables.
- The Research Analyst will primarily support Rhodium’s China Projects and China Markets Research teams, working on long-form and in-depth studies on China’s economy and global footprint, as well as shorter-term analyses of fast-moving developments in China’s economy and financial markets.
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Data gathering and analysis, for clients or internal exercises
- Monitoring of policies and relevant market developments
- Contributing to and drafting of notes and research reports
- Supporting outreach and communication activities
- Support senior staff with identifying suitable research topics
Attractive candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political science, data science, or related fields
- Enthusiasm and passion for bringing objective analysis to the China policy debate; some initial work experience with applied policy and economic research preferred but not essential
- Familiarity with Chinese economic policy, and global China policy with a focus on OECD economies; a research interest and developing expertise in China’s economy and financial system
- Good grasp of macroeconomic research and concepts; data management and visualization skills; mastery of basic social science qualitative and quantitative research methods; experience working with Chinese economic data a plus; familiarity with China’s financial system data via WIND/Eastmoney/Bloomberg/CEIC strongly encouraged; fluency in MS Office and other common software; additional software skills (Python, SQL, R, Stata, etc.) are a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to conduct research and produce assignments independently and at high quality; willingness to leave comfort zone and take on responsibility; ability to communicate clearly and effectively both within the firm and externally
- Either native speaker-level English writing and speaking skills or native speaker-level Chinese, with working proficiency in the other language: the ideal candidate can easily read and analyze Chinese policies, press conferences, data, reports, media, and research
Location and Travel Requirements
- The analyst will work remotely initially but will ultimately be based in either New York or Hong Kong, and will report to managers based in Asia
- Occasional travel (<5%)
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues.
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, India’s emergence as a global player and advanced economy restructuring.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today2 days ago
work Rhodium Group