Subject Matter Expert (SME with L3 or L3+ Skill set) in Virtualization Technologies (BB-10A9A)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
- Work as Subject Matter Expert for Virtualization - VMware Technology.
- Acquire knowledge and detailed understanding on customer's Virtualization environment.
- Validate Scope of Work and Due Diligence of Data and identify gaps
- Responsible for interacting with internal teams, vendors and customers to coordinate the timely completion of transition deliverables for virtualization domain.
- Work effectively on diverse type of customers from different time zones
- Validate RLS and identify skill gaps
- Responsible for Involving in transition phases and prepared all necessary virtualization transition deliverables documents
- Gather required and detailed information and develop SMTDs & SOPs with complete understanding of customer Virtualization environment.
- Responsible for giving reverse knowledge transfer to BAU teams and getting sign-off from customer and internal stakeholders
- Anticipate risks and challenges well in advance and effectively articulate risks & challenges and get sign-off on SMTD, Risk Register and other technical / operational documents. Propose risk mitigation plan and options. Work with the internal and external eco system to mitigate risks in good time.
- Participate in project planning and prepare MPP.
- Responsible for implementing best practice, patching, hardening and automation of BAU tasks.
- Knowledge and ability to identify the risks on the customer virtualization environment & make recommendations of solutions according to the industry best practices relevant for customer landscape.
- Self driven and motivated individual who can lead from the front and take end to end ownership of the Virtualization Process and Technologies for seamless transition and smooth Go Live of services from the perspective of People, Process and Technology.
Should have minimum 8+ years hands on experience in terms of design, architecting and management of VMware Technologies on various hardware platforms.
Mandatory Skills (Must Have):
- In-depth technical knowledge of VMware vSphere Design, Configuration and Administration of ESXi 6.x, vCenter Server, VCSA, PSC, HA and VMs Files.
- Should have good knowledge on HP blade, Dell, UCS Systems and Software Defined Infrastructure.
- Should have good knowledge on VMware vSphere Networking, VLAN, Port Groups, Virtual Switches and their properties.
- Should have good knowledge on VMware Tools like VMware vCenter Server, RVTools and vCheck utilities
- Good understanding on Virtualization Components like vSAN, vRealize Operations Manager (vROPs) and vRealize log insight(vRLI)
- Good experience in reviewing technical documents, SOPs and Develop Customer Specific artifacts.
- Good understanding on Virtualization Disaster Recovery(DR) Solutions like VMware Site Recovery Manager(SRM), vSphere Replication and Zerto tools.
- Should have good knowledge on VMware Patching tools: VMware Update Manager and third party tools.
- Good understanding on Storage technology topologies like SAN, NAS, etc.
- Good Hand on experience in diagnostics and troubleshooting of VMware host environment.
- Good understanding on migration strategy to migrating the workloads across datacenters
- Should have ability to pro-actively identify technical risks and areas of improvements.
- Experience in handling technical meetings with customer stake holders
- Knowledge on Private & Public cloud technologies will be an added advantage
- Should know basic scripting on PowerShell
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Good Knowledge on Hyperconverged Technology – Nutanix
- Good knowledge on Nutanix hardware platform like NX Series, Dell CX Series, etc.
- Good Knowledge on Nutanix management tool and report like Prism Element and Prism Central.
- Administration & Maintenance of Nutanix Clusters, AHV, NDFS, ESXi, Networking and VMs
- Good understanding on Nutanix Storage Management – Storage Pool, RF factors, Container & Volume Group
- Good understanding on AHV, AOS, NCC, AHV Networking, LCM, Firmware upgrades.
- Good knowledge on Installation, Configuration, administration & Maintenance of Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Servers.
- Knowledge on Windows Hyper-V Cluster, Cluster Shared Volume, Networking and Storage.
- Knowledge on Centralized Hyper-V Management tool: System Center Virtual Machine Manager(SCVMM)
- Knowledge on basic scripting
Behavioral Skill (Must have):
- Good Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Highly dynamic in terms of managing workloads and working under pressure and demanding situations
- Experience in working with global customers
- Good presentation and documentation skills
Process & Tools (Must have):
- Expert in ITIL processes
- Good exposure in various ticketing and monitoring tools
- Vendor coordination
- Capacity management tools
calendar_today5 days ago
info Full time
work Wipro Limited