Director of Financial Risk Management (BB-16062)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium HK
Description:Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Acting as a deep financial risk subject matter expert covering financial risks on the liability side of AIA's business, this position will be responsible for proactively managing overall insurance risk, ALM risk, regulatory solvency risk and performing holistic forward-looking risk and solvency assessments.
Provide risk oversight, challenge and analytical insights for the Group and business units over all financial risk-taking activities, through consistent identification, measurement and application of financial risk metrics that are consistent with the Group's Risk Appetite and regulatory constraints.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Risk Appetite Statement & Tolerances: Primary accountability for the development, maintenance and monitoring of the Group's Risk Appetite Statement, principles and tolerances for the Group.
- Insurance & ALM-related Risk Policies, Standards and Guidelines: Primary accountability for the development, maintenance and implementation of the relevant risk management framework for the Group.
- Overall Insurance Risk: Provide Group-level risk oversight of AIA's product development & approval, inforce management, reinsurance, actuarial assumption setting and claims & underwriting. Recommend management actions to manage insurance risks where appropriate.
- ALM Risk: Monitor and report the ALM risk through active participation in the annual SAA review exercise. Recommend management actions to manage ALM risk where appropriate.
- Regulatory Solvency Risk: Develop and apply the Group stress & scenario testing framework to monitor the Group's solvency and financial strength both on an actual and prospective basis. Recommend management actions to manage regulatory solvency risk where appropriate.
- Own Risk Solvency Assessment ("ORSA") & Recovery Plan: Lead the annual ORSA and Recovery Plan for AIA Group, and identify potential business actions deriving from these analyses.
- Develop leading indicators and compile relevant management information to assist the Group Financial Risk Committee to understand and oversee the insurance, ALM and regulatory solvency risk profile.
- Lead and participate in financial risk-related ad-hoc projects based on senior management requests or external developments.
- Risk Officer of AIA Re: Support Directors and Executive Management with an appropriate risk management framework reflecting the scale and nature of the business.
- Executing this mandate involves working in a close partnership with senior members of Finance teams and Risk teams including the Group Chief Actuary, Regional CFO as well as Business Unit Chief Risk Officers.
- A central element of the position is communicating the analysis, ideas and directions, both internally within Group Risk and externally especially to senior executives. As such, strong written and verbal communication skills with authority and confidence, both to technical and non-technical audiences, is essential.
- This position requires the candidate to work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, providing risk oversight and advice while challenging business decisions and strategies where necessary, which may involve extensive debate and negotiation. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills, rational thinking and business awareness skillsets are very important.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance and/or related area. Qualified actuary and FRM preferred
- 15+ years of actuarial, insurance business, investment or finance experience within a large-scale financial services environment Proven track record of initiating policy and control improvement and driving programs that enhance transparency, governance or control Expert analysis and decision-making skills
- Proactive, driven leader with the ability to operate effectively from the conceptual stage through to successful implementation
- Strong influencing and interpersonal relationship skills to build networks across organization
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively up, down, and across the organization. Ability to articulate complex information in a compelling and succinct manner
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.
calendar_today8 hours ago
work https://neuvoo.com/img/logos/talent-nexus-efinancialcareers-hk.png?empname=AIA Company Limited