Actuarial Manager - HSBC Insurance (BB-00633)
Found in: Neuvoo HK
Job Description - Actuarial Manager - HSBC Insurance (0000F4WZ)
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Actuarial Manager, HSBC Insurance.
- Support insurance’s new product, business and investment initiatives as the subject matter expert
- Support local entities to identify high risks area, provide insightful analysis and commentary on business performance and financial reports and make recommendations where appropriate
- Support senior management to perform insightful analysis and commentary on business performance and financial reports
- Work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts to design and optimization (re-engineering) of existing reporting workflows
- Work collaboratively with IFRS 17 team to support for implementation of IFRS 17
- Establish effective communication channels and coordinate implementation with key stakeholders (i.e. Actuarial, Finance, Risk) within HSBC Groups
- Excellent communication, leadership and project management skills
- Strong self-motivation with ability of working effectively under pressure and commitment to process improvements
- To work independently, analytically and innovatively
- To meet tight deadline as set by the group and regulation without compromising quality
- To be able to explain technically complicated to stakeholders in non-technical language
- To keep up-to-date on the latest development in financial reporting, auditing requirement, regulatory and actuarial techniques
- To be influential to other stakeholders including local actuarial teams and be able to drive best practices
- Continuous review on process and workflow to enhance efficiency and control
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- University degree holder in relevant discipline
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries or other recognised actuarial body
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
Job Field: Insurance
calendar_today12 hours ago