Head of Asia Private Equity and Real Estate - CIM Alternative Investments (BB-775CC)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium HK
Description:Head of Asia Private Equity & Real Estate - Citi Investment Management Alternatives
The Head of Asia Private Equity & Real Estate is a member of the Global CIM Alternative Investments leadership team and manages a team responsible for sourcing compelling Asia private equity and real estate investment opportunities for distribution to Citi Private Bank's global ultra-high net worth client base. The position involves leading and managing a regional team of research analysts in all aspects of origination, diligence, structuring, and syndication of Asia based private equity and real estate investment opportunities. Investment vehicles sourced by the team include investment funds/SMAs, club structures, and single asset co-investments.
The Head of Asia Private Equity & Real Estate will lead the entire private equity and real estate investment process from sourcing opportunities to obtaining committee approvals. In addition, this role will be responsible for assisting with the training, syndication, and ongoing communication around a global set of private equity and real estate opportunities in region. The ideal candidate will have significant private equity and real estate investment experience, be comfortable working on multiple transactions at once, an ability to navigate a global client base, team management experience, and strong client presentation skills.
The position reports to the Global Head of CIM Alternative Investments and entails working with senior investment professionals and relationship managers in region as well as globally.
- Lead and manage team responsible for the origination, diligence, structuring, and negotiation of Asia private equity and real estate investment opportunities
- Structure and develop private equity and real estate products for Citi Private Bank global client base as well as supporting distribution efforts
- Prepare and present investment packages to Citi's internal investment and risk committees; this includes quantitative and qualitative analyses used in evaluating potential investments
- Conduct training sessions for bankers, investment counselors, and wholesalers for current investment offerings
- Provide verbal and written updates to clients and respond to inquiries on investment offerings
- Ongoing management of legacy investments which includes monitoring, attending fund manager meetings, and creating and updating performance memorandums
- Provide timely and frequent updates to global and regional senior management
- Understand and provide solutions to changing regulatory environment
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, mathematics, statistics, or related field required
- 15-20 years relevant experience in real estate, private equity, or investment management
- Prior experience investing in private equity or real estate investment funds, club structures, and co-investments for ultra-high net worth clientele preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and drive to leverage available resources to create solutions and suggestions for senior team members
- Strong negotiation, analytical skills, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel (modeling), Microsoft Word (investment memos) and Microsoft PowerPoint (presentations)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment. Ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese a plus
- Experience managing team of investment professionals
- Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to work productively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be able to work as an effective, collaborative team member in a global environment as well as independently lead select tasks as necessary
- Ability to travel
Location: Hong Kong
Education: Bachelor's Degree; Master Degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services
Investment Manager Research
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
calendar_today3 days ago